Sunday, June 11, 2006

New Jersey and you: perfect together?

As the headline implies, we've arrived to the Jersey Part I portion of the summer. We're here only a few days - we fly out to Salt Lake City early Wednesday morning.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday were full of sad good-byes to Chapel Hill friends and places. While we're planning on return visits in early and late July, it won't really be the same. As anyone can attest, I'm pretty much the worst ever at good-byes; if my farewell to you was awkward, I apologize sincerely. To compensate, I'll try to be a better emailer than you'd expect.

Unsurprisingly, only Abby Gray made me cry.

Jersey Part I means our second pull-out bed, our first long drive, and Kevin's first birthday with anyone other than me in three years.

It also means our first water ice of the summer. Oh, baby. My spidey sense tells me someone's falling off the wagon.

No comments: