Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Now, for some exciting news

Well, I guess it's not terribly exciting, especially if you saw this headline and were expecting something like, "we're preggers!" or "guess who just won the lottery!"

But, KJ and I did see a REAL, LIVE rattlesnake on a trail we took yesterday. It even rattled at us, which was the only confirmation I needed that we were facing death square in the face. And, in the face of death, KJ decided his best move would be to mock it - yes, he threw a handfull of dirt and sand and rocks at the rattlesnake. (Do I need to remind anyone that rattlensakes are poisonous?? Because they are. And where we were - if anyone were bitten, they were DEAD.)

I exaggerate a bit. Yes, we saw the snake; yes, KJ taunted it. But we really weren't in much danger. I think the snake might have been too "cool" for us.

In other news, we're at Bryce Canyon with my parents, which is all kinds of tremendous fun. We explored some crazy slot canyons in the Escalante National Monument yesterday. It's been nearly 100 degrees every day, and the sun feels like lasers pointed right toward us. We've had great hikes and avoided sunburn, however.

And, for anyone who wanted to know: we did get our tire fixed. It was $13, and it was perfect.

No comments: