Thursday, November 02, 2006

Crafts and Zombies

First, the crafts
Savvy readers may note that there have been a paucity of crafts posted in recent months. This is true, although I assure you that it's still Martha Stewart land up in here. Then where are the scarves and handbags and other ill-crafted kitch?

My friends, Christmas is a-comin'. And I suspect that everyone - nay, anyone - will be receiving some form of hand-crafted kitch to call their very own. I've been experimenting with some cool new knitting patterns, I've been mixing up some ridiculously yummy candle scents, and I've been dabbling in other dark arts as well.

So, if you don't receive any of my poorly self-crafted kitch for Christmas, count yourself lucky.

Until then, I present this:


What is it? A waistline extender. I'm showing, a bit, and my pants don't fit so well any longer. Mostly, it looks like I've been hitting the Ben and Jerry's a little hard, but there's a definite bump. So, this little gadget lets me wear my pants and keep breathing. I value both highly.

Now, some zombies
Kevin and I saw David Sedaris on Monday. He was really great - he read four stories we'd not heard (but are coming out in the New Yorker soon), and then blabbled for a half hour about book recommendations and Tokyo.

My favorite line of the night?
"Oh, look, I've spent all this time talking about zombies and there's no time for questions."

(I should add that there were exactly FOUR seats in the entire theater that were worse than ours, and this place seats 3,176.)

No comments: