Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

Our National Holiday of Gluttony and Excess found us in Indiana.

Other than a one-day delay in our flight, travel went smoothly.

The highlight of the trip might include a sinful chocolate silk pie I made. I really made it for the crust - shortbread cookies and crushed pecans. Oh, man, it was crazy good. It was a hit with my chocolate-averse father and husband.

We also got to spend some time with my cousins, and we finally visited the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. My cousins confirmed The Female Hypothesis, and were very excited for Baby Davis-Ross. (My uncle lobbied for a boy; I told him I'd "try my hardest.") Despite their best intentions, no one could guess the baby name, although my mother's guess of Hilary was interesting.

Alas, I gained about 4 pound during this week, which is a bit too much. Kevin said I can blame 3 pounds on our significant lack of healthy food options and 1 pound on that chocolate silk pie.

Link to some photos below, via Flickr:

Jessie, Kevin, Nikki

Thanksgiving 2006

17 photos

No comments: