Thursday, May 24, 2007

stress test

Castro Street's own Scientology Information Center.

We live remarkably close to a Scientology reading room, and we find ourselves walking past it frequently.

More often than not there's a dude outside asking us if we'd like to take a stress test. He's always very polite when he asks, and we're always very polite when we decline. My goal, after encountering him several times, is to show him just how unstressed and happy I could be without his alien-based religion.

On Tuesday, Kevin, Peter and I walked past said Scientology dude. He offered us only a familiar "hello," which we returned in kind.

Have we won? Perhaps. But consider this: I'm certainly more stressed now that we have an infant than I've ever been. So, maybe we've all just lost.

No comments: