Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I got knocked up too


While Kevin's parents were here, we took advantage of the free babysitting and saw Knocked Up.

The movie itself was fine - I particularly liked the idea of the little girl Googling "murder" - but not as funny as I'd been led to believe.

Mostly, I found myself surprised by a few things - like, I really miss being pregnant. Specifically, I miss having BDR safely ensconced within the womb. Sure, I didn't really know BDR then, but he was always safe and always with me.

Also, I was very unprepared for my emotional reaction to the birth at the end of the movie. Luckily, there are only a few minutes of movie after the big birth scene, or otherwise I'd have needed to leave the theater early. Seriously: tears, on the verge of sobbing, partly for the memories of birth, mostly for the missing of my child. And I should note that I've not had post-partum crying since the middle of May.

Oh, well. I'm not saying we should have seen Evan Almighty or anything (does anyone else think Steve Carell is the next Jim Carrey? and I mean this in a bad way.), but I do think it might have been a little too soon.

At least the popcorn had real butter.

No comments: