Thursday, July 13, 2006

Summoning my inner librarian

I'm thinking about getting an MA in library science. Or an MS. I'm not sure, really, and I've done absolutely no research into the matter, except for the following:

- Everyone I know who is in library science is painfully awesome, and, perhaps I could become painfully awesome by association. At least I could meet some painfully awesome people who would befriend me and show me how to find the hippest eye glasses;
- I don't really want to have a job, and being in school seems like a respectable way to get out of it;
- And, I'll get tuition discounts at Stanford and will have in-state residency for Berkeley, so I feel like I should take advantage of the sale on prestigious education.

Plus it could be fun to be a librarian. God knows I like to read. And I like to put things in order.

Kevin highlighted the important drawback: spending time with the kitten-sweatshirt-wearing librarians. This could be a problem. My proclivity for knitting and other handicrafts might win me an otherwise unwarranted spot in their ranks.

It's a risk I might be willing to take.

No comments: