Thursday, October 26, 2006

150 Beats Per Minute...

...is how fast our baby's heart is pumping.

This morning I had my first appointment with the family practitioner who will be my doctor and the baby's doctor. Other than a surprisingly painful flu shot, everything is going very well.

The doctor was surprised we could hear the baby's heartbeat this early (since it's usually obstructed by bones - or my bladder?), but there it was. This furthers my suspicion that the baby actually is about a week older than expected.

It's a Girl!
Not really. We have no idea, and we couldn't possibly know this early on.

But...everyone seems to have converged on this belief independently.

Kevin and I automatically assumed the baby is a girl. There was no question, really, that it's a girl.

My sister Kimberly has made repeated references to her "new niece."

Even my mother, who typically avoids statements of this sort, made a comment about a "little girl."

All of this means, of course, it will be a boy. Or we're all surprisingly psychic.

No comments: