Saturday, July 21, 2007

Davis Family Adventure: The Conclusion

My parents left very early yesterday morning for their flight back to Indiana. Whew! (That's for my father, who told me I was free to blog about how "relieved" we were that they were gone.)

But seriously - whew! We did a ton with them during their two weeks home. Yesterday was spent in recovery: both Peter and I were power nappers, and Kevin pulled out the Battlestar Galactica, a sure sign that nothing of consequence will be accomplished on a well-deserved lazy Saturday.

It was nice they could spend so much time here, because they were able to see just how much Peter changes daily. And, in a few weeks, they'll get to see him again as we visit Indiana.

Until then, some memories of the last week of their trip:

Mission San Juan Bautista
The largest of California's 21 missions, and site of Hitchcock's Vertigo. It was pretty cool, if only for the crazy statue of John the Baptist outside.

Peter's Opinion: Nice, because it was mostly inside or in the shade. Plus, it was only a short car ride - always a plus! Thee out of four Pampers.

Locusts and wild honey, indeed! SJB's looking a little too much like a Calvin Klein model here.

Old Town Sacramento
It looks old, but it's full of all kinds of modern treats, like taffy and ice cream. As Kevin said, "I didn't expect it to be full of stores, but they're the kind of stores I like - candy stores and joke shops."

Peter's Opinion: Kind of a far drive, and a little sunny for me to enjoy it fully. Plus. there were too many loud trains. (This is true: the loudest Kevin and I have ever heard Peter cry, aside from those times when he received a shot, was when a train chugged past us and unexpectedly blew its whistle. It was pretty heartbreaking how upset the little dude was.) Two out of four Pampers.

The Uncle Sam Handshake Rater told me that I'm an "expert on everything." Damn straight.


Taffy, taffy everywhere...but it's all dolphin free (??).

Jelly Belly Factory
So, yeah, we've been here before, but it was on the way, the baby needed a diaper change, my father wanted to collect the "elongated coin" found inside, and Kevin and I knew that it serves Blue Bunny ice cream. And we love that Blue Bunny ice cream! This is how we came to enjoy ice cream before 11 a.m.
Peter's Opinion: Love those bathrooms! Four out of four Pampers.

For the record: Birthday cake and cotton candy ice cream goes down really easy at 10:37 a.m.
Also note: Kevin's watch is 5 minutes fast.

Egyptian Museum
Pretty interesting, even if we all were exhausted! Peter's Opinion: I was very, very quiet. Three out of four Pampers.

No comments: