Saturday, July 28, 2007

kwik-e-mart, eh?

mmm...donuts

Kevin and Peter outside the Kwik-E-Mart

Yay! Mountain View is one of 11 cities with a 7-Eleven-turned-Kwik-E-Mart. You gotta love movie merchandising when it's this fun.

Despite the rumors of it being super crowded, we waited until a Saturday afternoon to go. Luckily, it was pretty empty when we arrived. (When we left, though, a line was forming at the door. I had to leave to get my wallet from the car, and then had to bribe the security guard to get back in.)

I was kind of surprised by how much had been changed in the store. Sure, the changes were all cosmetic: character cutouts, signs promoting the Kwik-E-Mart, donuts, squishees, Buzz Cola, and Krusty Os. But there was a lot more than we'd expected. Plus, you gotta love the exterior!

Peter stayed asleep the entire time we were there, which probably was nice as it allowed us to extend our stay. It also saved him from what surely would have been an entry in the Annals of Horrible, Terrible, No-Good Parenting, as I can envision myself giving Peter his first taste of Squishee. Oh, well, at least he can say he was there.

Tangent Thanks to this month's Backpacker, my interest in Glacier National Park has grown exponentially, leading to this conversation:
Amy: We should go to Glacier soon.
Kevin: I know, it will be melted soon.
Amy: I wonder if seeing a glacier will be something Peter can brag about. Like, in 65 years he can say (in old man voice): "I saw a glacier once, sonny."

Kwik-E-Mart

Kwik-E-Mart

54 photos

No comments: