Sunday, January 21, 2007

things you don't want to hear your mechanic say...

Argh. Friday saw me spending an unanticipated 7 hours and $700 in car repairs.

We knew we needed new tires and an oil change.

We didn't know about the new shocks and struts.

Anyway, like I said, I spent a lot of quality time with the mechanic supervisor while the car was being repaired. He didn't exactly inspire confidence.

Some so-true-I-couldn't-make-it-up conversations:

(1) (After the mechanic asked me how Kevin proposed.) "Yeah, I wasn't very romantic when I proposed. I was in Reno with my girlfriend, and we were selling a lot of drugs, so we had a lot of money and were really high. We were jewelry shopping, and I bought her a ring, and then said, 'We're going to the Justice of the Peace.' I kidnapped her."

Should I even bother to say the marriage didn't work out? Because it didn't.

(2) (After a mechanic came in from the shop, glared at me, and muttered something to the supervisor.) "Your car killed my mechanics."

(3) (After trying to explain what Kevin did for a living.) "I'd have to smoke a lot of weed to get through that job."

Mostly, I find offense with the notion that he kidnapped his girlfriend to marry her.

No comments: