Monday, February 19, 2007

man, I love Martha Stewart...

...but for all the wrong reasons.

I've been DVR-ing Martha every day, but I realized that I only really enjoy watching a few segments. I usually skip the cooking segments, unless what she's making looks particularly delicious. I usually skip the gardening segments, since I have no garden nor hope for garden for a few years at least.

But I love the "Ask Martha" segments, and the segments when she has random other "real" people on her show. These by far are my favorite pieces, and not because they're full of good information (as they usually are not), but because it shows what a spastic evil person Martha Stewart really is.

OK, that's harsh. Martha's not evil, per se. But she is completely warped. For example, I really liked it when she told the medical student that she ought to be shopping for fresh vegetables every two days. I also really enjoyed it when she told this 13 year old boy that she did a better job climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro than he did.

And it's really fun to watch Martha when Kevin's around, since his threshold for her persnickity-ness is much lower than mine. Kevin rarely curses, but often he can be heard spewing off a series of off-color phrases whenever Martha's pinched face comes on.

No comments: