Thursday, February 08, 2007

WWAGD?

After watching An Inconvenient Truth (about six months after everyone else in the world, I admit), Kevin and I find ourselves in the midst of a bizarre love triangle comprising us and Al Gore. Sample conversation will illuminate the seriousness of this situation.


Amy (upon discovering the computer turned off): Did you turn off the computer?
Kevin: Yeah, I thought that's what Al Gore would want me to do.

Amy (returning home to discover we'd left the hall light on): I think we just made Al Gore cry.

Amy (upon discovering a recyclable in the bathroom trash bin): Kevin, do you hate Al Gore?
Kevin: No! Why?
Amy (holding up offending bottle): I found this in the trash!
Kevin: I didn't put it in the trash; you must have.
Amy: Hmm. I threw it out of the shower. I guess I made a basket.
Kevin: High five! Nice shot!

Kevin (sitting in the energy-conserving near-dark of our apartment, illuminated by a single 50 watt compact florescent light bulb): Al Gore would be so proud of us.

I should add, though, that we're actually habitual offenders in the worst categories. I drive all over the place. We have no intention of stopping air travel any time soon. We don't compost. So, thanks Al Gore, for giving me something else to feel guilty about.

No comments: