Saturday, March 24, 2007

baskeball: a family affair

It seems like every member of the Davis-Ross family was in a cranky mood last night during the Carolina-USC game.

Sure, the game left a lot to be cranky about, since Carolina seemed incapable of getting either a rebound or a basket in the first half. Kevin expressed his frustration by paying bills and looking at our taxes. BDR expressed her frustration by staging a sit-in in my ribcage. I expressed my frustrating by knitting yet another superfluous sweater for BDR.

Luckily, things turned around in the second half. Kevin rejoined us on the futon to watch the game, and BDR started furious, spasmodic cheering. I continued knitting the superfluous sweater for BDR.

An aside: Watching this series has been a bit of a labor of love for me. Kevin's been in rare form, easily ired by seemingly slight offenses. He really can't handle the Charles Schwab commercials (WHY DO THEY NEED TO BE ANIMATED? THIS IS STUPID! THIS DOESN'T MAKE ME WANT TO USE CHARLES SCHWAB ANY MORE THAN I DID BEFORE!) and the UPS commercials (THESE ARE THE WORST THINGS EVER! UGH! I HATE THESE COMMERCIALS! I HATE THIS GUY!).

And please don't get him started on that Roy Williams Coca-Cola commercial, in which his mother started taking in extra ironing and cleaning so he could have a dime to buy a bottle of soda with his friends. This just really pushes him over the edge.

All I can say is thank goodness Dick Enberg was not one of the commentators; Kevin might hate Dick Enberg as much as that other Dick. Kevin said, "for Dick Enberg, it's not a basketball game; it's a Norman Rockwell painting."

This was quickly followed up by, "$18.25? That's a year, not a pizza price," after ordering our dinner.

No comments: