Sunday, March 18, 2007

mmm...chicken

So, Kevin and I kind of have this minor addiction to rotisserie chicken. We get one every week. Today, we stalked down some fresh-from-the-spit chicken at Whole Foods.

The problem started in November, when I was watching a lot of America's Test Kitchen on PBS. They started making chicken and dumpling soup, and went on and on about how their tests proved that dark meat was the way to go for making soups.

It was all downhill from there: I realized I could buy the chicken, eat the breasts and keep the dark meat for all kinds of chicken noodle soups.

This was also about the time we started singing that "chicken noodle soup" song almost every day, since I was making chicken noodle soup almost every day.

Anyway, it's really gotten pretty bad. At first, I thought it was just some weird pregnancy craving, but now that Kevin's on board too, I have to think they've somehow doped the birds to induce cravings. Seriously, I could go for some right now.

No comments: